Wow, what a term. Firstly, we have a whole new IT support team so the obvious glitches of who charges what, locked iPad boxes, locked iPad rooms, updates not updated, how to print, who can print, where to print…grrrrr! Then, exciting news for me.. I’m pregnant! Not so exciting for my energy levels though. Wowza has my motivation to accomplish anything been at an all time low and then lastly I thought this project would be a whole lot easier….
Lesson: Make a Popplet that tells us the information about an insect using Chatterpix
CAPS: Expresses a personal response to a text read
Time: 5 x whole 90 min lessons (5 PEOPLE!!!)
Would I do it again? Yes, but later in the year, with another theme. Maybe when Chatterpix get’s their act together that you can import pictures.
Our theme was bugs, and we had spent a few lessons discussing a variety of bugs found in and around our schools and homes. The girls then were given the opportunity to make a Popplet ( we had already done one on nouns see here) about any one bug. We gathered information by scanning through some books I had got form the library. They also used an image from the book.
This part was easy.
Then obviously 17 of them pressed “update now” when the iOs 9 notification appeared.
Aka 2 lessons gone.
Then, I thought they would easily upload this saved Popplet image to Chatterpixs and hey presto, add the mouth, read what you wrote, App Smashing at it’s easiest and let’s move on.
Ha. Ha. Ha.
- You can’t upload pictures to Chatterpixs.
- WHY CHATTERPIXS?!!
- Maybe you can and I have wasted a whole term not pressing the correct button.
- Our new support team were a bit busy to help me individually load every image from every iPad onto my computer at that stage.
- I’m lazy and pregnant.
- I should really use the see-saw app
- I eventually got my act together, killed a rain forrest, bankrupted my school in printing costs and printed the silly things.
- We took pretty pictures of them and then added the teeny tiny mouth onto the teeny tiny picture in the middle. *make the picture bigger if you can.
So yes. Term 1 is basically over and this is all we have to show. However we did manage to:
- Learn the general rules of iPads and all it’s basic functions.
- Log onto Matheletics and get our codes (another long boring story)
- Make 2 Popplets and do a little app smashing with Chatterpix
- Accomplish this with multiple challenges and public holiday.
I think a high 5 is needed.