Are you even a real school if you don’t read Roald Dahl? Have a Roald Dahl theme? Have some sort of book/ reading week involving 1 of this legends books?
I would have to argue no, you aren’t, so make a plan.
So, in honour of the greatest author who happens to have his own day, which is today, “Roald Dahl day” I thought I would share what is happening in our local App Stores.
Brought to you by Penguin Books:
Now I don’t think I have to remind every teacher or parent reading this why listening is so important….
….. Just incase you forgot:
Listening involves many different aspects:
- Alertness e.g. at what level is your child’s awareness of sound?
- Auditory acuity e.g. how well does he hear?
- Sequencing e.g. is he able to identify the order of what he hears?
- Discrimination e.g. can he distinguish similarities and differences in sounds?
- Figure-ground e.g. can he isolate one sound from a background of sounds?
- Memory e.g. can he remember what he hears? Is he able to retrieve that information?
- Sound-symbol e.g. is he able to connect a sound to a particular written symbol?
- Perception e.g. does he comprehend what he hears?
Convinced? So go download now!
Currently available in the store
- Charlie and the Chocolate factory
- The Magic Finger
- The Witches
- James and the Giant Peach
- The Twits
- Charlie and the great Glass elevator
- The BFG
- Danny Champion of the World (My personal favourite)
- Fantastic Mr Fox
The Prices range from R34,99 (what!?!) to R99,99.
And I was crazy excited to see that Penguin books has also launched a GAME based on The Twits called “Twit or Miss” available here
And the best part? IT’S FREE! Hands up! Woop! It’s a lot like angry birds, but with food. LOL!